The HDfury1 was RGBHV output only with a DVI-D input.
The HDfury2 introduced component (Y/Pb/Pr) output support with HDMI 1.1/1.2 input, colour depth upscaling to render 16-235 as 0-255, stereo sound output in both optical and analog, and supported third party accessories support on its output. The HDfury2 had an RGB output similar to the HDfury1 but with extended colour depth range for better colours.
For the HDfury X3, the component features from HDfury2 were kept while the RGB and audio output were completely re-worked and improved. We are now extremely proud to announce that the LEFT SHIFT issue in RGB mode is NO MORE! The HDfury3 allows users to shift the picture LEFT/RIGHT at will through push buttons. The colour depth upscaling feature is now also user selectable (ON/OFF via DIP switch).
The HDfury X3 also features 4 customizable EDID banks, two of which may be used to limit the output resolution to 1080i out of the box (again via DIP switches). A very useful feature for anyone with a display that supports 1080i but not 1080p and has sources that do not offer manual setting of the output resolution. Also included are two HDMI 1.3 inputs with Deep Colour support and MANUAL or AUTO switching. Owners of fussy RGB displays will also be happy to learn that the H/V syncs may also now be force to either positive or negative via DIP switch. The RGB pixelclock bandwidth is greatly improved with 225Mhz support (1080p/72 is now perfectly resolved)!
For information on how to set these options see our HDFury X3 User Manual.
- 2x HDMI 1.3 input with Deep Colour support (Manual or Auto switch mode available, user selectable)
- Component (YPbPr/YCbCr) and VGA (RGBHV) video output
- Sound output in both Analog and Digital Optical (S/PDIF 5.1 Dolby/DTS) through an innovative 3.5mm combo jack
- 4x EDID banks (2 per channel)
- Built-in user selectable output resolution limit settings
- Customisation settings available through DIP SWITCH
- Perfectly and automatically center image in all standard NTSC/PAL component modes
- Manually adjust horizontal screen position in all NTSC/PAL RGBHV modes
- Performs Colour Depth Upscaling in all modes (ON/OFF user selectable)
- Sync Polarity Inverter included
- Automatic SD/HD color-space selection
- Accept third party accessories on its output
- Improved output cable driver for driving long cable runs (40-50′)
- Software upgradeable